1. Don’t put your dishwasher next to your refrigerator will make the fridge have to work harder due to the heat coming off it.
2. Delay the start of your dishwasher for off-peak utility hours
3. Skip the pre-rinse, most dishwashers today are powerful enough to clean the plates with out rinsing them.
4. Air dry, instead of letting your washer use electric heat or a fan to dry the dishes, just open the door at the end of the washing cycle and let them air dry.
5. Picking the right size. Choose the size model that fits your needs. A compact model is more efficient than a large one unless you have to run it several times a day.
6. Run it when it is full
7. Choose your washer wisely (look at energy efficiency rating)